



Moving..... well it is not easy, especially on the kids, especially on the big kids!! It is hard to readjust, to make new friends, to find "favorite" spots and activities. It is a trial. BUT, it is not a trial I would want to keep our kids from going through. It is, in fact, one of the most valuable things I think they have experienced. Let me explain.
Everytime we move we get the "what abouts...." I have them, Iain has them and the kids have them too. The "what abouts" are the questions that arise in each of our hearts and minds as we prepare to relocate. "What about" our house? "What about" school? "What about" our friends? "What about" a good babysitter? "What about" our church? The questions go on and on. What an opportunity for us to give our "what abouts" to God and watch Him work them out. Each move God has provided for all of our needs and more. I look at each move as a chance for the kids to give their "what abouts" to God and then wait and watch Him work. He always does, and He has here as well.
Here are a few pictures of the kids with God's answers to their "what about" friends. We always reserve Fridays in our schedule for "Friday Fun Days". Lately Friday Fun Days have meant having our new friends come over and hang out at our house after PE. As the weather warms up a bit, we will move outside. God's answer to our "what about" a house was a good, yet very small one. While it is a nice, new house, it is small (1,300 sq feet or so). I will explain that in another posting. Enjoy the photos of us and our new friends.
4 comments:
Yeah for "buddies"! What a wonderful group of new friends that God had in store for you. Can't wait to meet them all!
Love love love, Mom
How fun and cute are they!! Love hearing about every little thing! Thanks for taking the time to post in your busy schedule!! 143-RH
Hey guys! It looks like you are having a great time in Cali...wish we could be there w/ you and our mutual friends. :-)
We miss you all-
I agree with RiLee, thanks for posting when I know you are so busy.
Post a Comment