



So, you may be surprised as you read this blog. Yes, it is a new airplane to add to the list.....BUT, it is a new pilot too. Drum roll please......the new pilot is me!! Yes, it is true. Today I got to fly a glider!! It was Spouse Appreciation Day at TPS. The guys all got the day off in order to allow the wives freedom to experience a taste of what our husbands do. You could choose between and T-38 taxi (you just drive on the runway for this, you don't get airborne), a C-12 (a 6 seater leer jet) or a glider ride up in the Tehachipi mountains. I went on the glider ride. It was so much fun.
First a tow plane tows you up to about 3,000 feet and then releases you to glide your way back down. It is beautiful and peaceful and a little scary. The pilot with me let me fly the plane most of the way. Iain brought the kids up and they watched me. It was a great day and I appreciated being appreciated!! :)
9 comments:
WHOA!!! NO WAY!!!!!!!! Now THAT is a scary thought! How crazy is that!?! My sister the closet pilot...sheesh...now I guess I need to go sky diving or something now...my life is so boring in comparason (sP?) ;)
Mom says (since she can't leave a comment due to her cookies not working or something to that effect)..."Uh...I'm speechless." And then goes on to say, "You're obviously born to fly..."
A breathless WOW!!! is all I can say!
Chalk up another amazing thing you've been able to do! What fun!
Love,
Mom F.
How cool is that? I'm so impressed with you, that sounds like so much scary fun. I also love the Tehachapi Mountains, so I'm double jealous.
Wow I am impressed!
Tell your mama to hit the ctrl buttom as she hits the comment buttom. That may allow her to comment
Thanks Ellen, I will pass on the tip :)
Okay, I am trying again to leave a message...thanks, Ellen...
however, now my name must be anonymous....I'll take that!
Cool! So this must be an example of a perk to being married to a busy pilot. Next time see if y'all can get a jumbo jet and ask them to head due east and land in a village feild just west of Inverness called Kiltarlity--I make a great chocolate cake and a not a half bad cuppa tea! hehehehehe lol eleanor
Post a Comment