Sunday, July 13, 2008

What's that in the sky?




It's a bird.....it's a Test Pilot......NO!! It is a 08A Spouse Water Balloon!!


So, let me try to explain some Air Force tradition. There is this thing, this tradition among Air Force flying squadrons (particularly fighter squadrons) called Roll Call. What is Roll Call? Well, Roll Call is a time sent aside after work hours when all the military members get together to reflect on the month. Apparently there is quite a lot of hard alcohol and embarassing stories involved at Roll Call. It is a chance for everyone to blow off steam. It is NOT, under any circumstances, a place for a spouse......


And then there is US!! The wives of class 08A. We are rule breakers. We are rebels, trouble makers......... and now, WE ARE LEGEND!!


This month's Roll Call was held in my friend Kerry's backyard, not far from our friend Maria's backyard. Oh yeah. We saw the opportunity and took it. We bombed 'em. We hit them armed with water guns, water balloons and hoses! We even brought our kids so that they could absorb the counter attack for us. :) I mean so that they could join in on all the fun and learn a few new choice vocab words all at the same time!


I love that the gals in our class are so fun and spontaneous and crazy. We are currently trying to plan our next girls night out........Prom Dress Bowling. I will keep you posted, or is it "blogged" now?

2 comments:

About Me said...

Every time a read a blog post like this I am even get even more jealous of all the people who get to live next to my family while I live across the ocean!!! LOL What fun!
Eleanor

fergusonclan said...

What a hoot!!
You girls look like the guys and the kids were not the only ones who got wet!!!

Love ya' tons,
Mom F