Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pink flag

Jessica, Maria, Kelly, Kerry, Annet, Vicki, Charisma and Me
Cab ride home from some bar in Santa Barbara. Sadly, I was never carded for anything. :(

Kelly, me and Vicki seated ourselves in some VIP section of this place called "Throb" or "Viper" or maybe it was called "Thrasher", I really can't remember. I hadn't had anything to drink, I just honestly can't think of the name.


Me and Vicki leaving the Wine Cask

The "pink flag" gang at the restaurant.

Charisma (the one Sean Penn has a crush on), Kelly, Me and Vicki

On the beach right in fromt of our hotel.




Oh where to begin?? I guess first I will explain what a "pink flag" is. Well, it has its roots in fighter pilot traditions. I guess fighter pilots go on a "red flag" weekend every year to Vegas and practice "war". Somewhere along the line the fighter pilots' wives decided they wanted a weekend in Vegas too and thus "pink flag" was born. Now a days, "pink flag" basically just means.....girls weekend. So, that is what we did. We packed up and took a girls weekend, but not to Vegas, to Santa Barbara.





It was unbelievable fun and relaxing and just all round fabulous. We got to our AMAZING hotel that Vicki booked for us (Hotel Mar Monte) on Friday evening. The hotel was right on the beach, it was just perfect. Saturday morning we all woke up and hit the beach for an hour long walk. It was perfect weather, which is amazing considering we were there in October, you never know what the weather can be like. After our walk we got cleaned up and headed out for a GREAT day of shopping. I had a few fun finds, but the best was the shoes I bought at Nordstrom!! LOVE THEM. They looked so good on me that my good friend Kelly bought a pair too......TWINS!! After shopping, every girl needs a spa treatment. So, off to the spa that Charisma booked for us. I had an hour long fabulous ....thing. It involved salt and hot stones and hot water and massage and it was just so wonderful!





After our spa treatments we hit this fabulous restaurant that Kelly picked out for us called the Wine Cask. I can not say enough. It was an "experience" to eat there and so much fun! We were there for like 4 hours. Just in the other room Tim Robbins was celebrating his birthday with all his hollywood friends. One of those friends, Sean Penn, saw my freiend Charisma getting out of her car and said to her, "nice dress". Okay, we all died. Sadly, I was already in the restaurant and missed the whole thing!! UGH! But charisma was workin' the bod in this very sexy black dress and Sean baby noticed. I don't think she has taken that dress off yet!! :) I have to say the best part of the whole night was when we got our bill. Seven of us rang up an 800$ bill that night. THANKFULLY Maria had a COUPON for 25$!! I mean, what a relief!! WHEW! HAHAHAHAHAHA. I laughed so hard at our 25$ coupon for our $800 bill. Maria was so cute...."OH!!" she exclaimed excitedly, "I have a coupon!!" It was totally priceless. :)





After dinner a few of us were not ready to go home and a few of us were. So, those of us who were not ready to go back to the hotel stayed out. Let's just say that through a series of events we ended up at a couple of college bars and it was a scream. We couldn't have been more out of place. Kelly in her 16" pearl necklace and Jacki O sweater ensamble and Vicki with her coat drapped over her arm..... We really did look like a bunch of moms there to find and drag our teenage kids out by the ear. Maria fit in the most, but watch out Maria, you are now closer to being like us than you are the college crowd. It's a harsh reality I know.





Anyway, we headed home Sunday. Kerry passed out in the car on the way out of town and 911 was called, but other than that, no major drama. Kerry turned out to be fine......just trying to steal all the attention I guess. :) Well, here are some fun pictures! Thanks to all my friends for such a great time away. You guys are LEGENDS!

3 comments:

BubblesandMoney said...

loved hearing your story!

Meek House of Insanity said...

Just a small correction...Kerry passed out, not Kelly!! And you are right, it was a fabulous weekend!

Annie said...

Opps, thanks Jess. Fixed my error, it was way too late for me to have been writing this anyway.