




Well, it has been quite a while since my last blog. the lures of Face Book snatched away my attention for a while. While I love some of the great things about FB, I need to get back to a forum of therapy through writing. I miss it, I need to ponder things by writing them out.
That said, not a lot to ponder at this moment. To recap what has happened since my last entry:
Iain graduated from Test Pilot School!! This was a major victory in our home and we are all so proud of each other fro coming thorugh such a challenging and rewarding time. Aftrwards, Iain and I escaped to San Francisco for a few days to celebrate and recoup. Iain returned to work as a test pilot for the 418th. I have continued to home school the kids. This summer we bought a truck and RV!! It has been the most fun thing ever!! We took a 2 week roadtrip in it to Yellowstone, San Francisco and Big Sur. We had the best time ever!! The last day of our trip we got a call (one we were expecting, which is why we took the trip to begin with) that began the process of Iain leaving on a 6 month deployment to Afghanistan.
That brings me to present (more or less in a nutshell). Today marks 4 months of Iain being gone, not counting the month of training he was doing before, but whatever, who is counting? We are now past the longest we have ever been apart. I feel the weight of it. The kids are doing so, so well. We know God has called our whole family to this deployment and we know He has purpose in it. Iain and I feel very much at peace with that fact, and I really have seen that translate over to the kids. They strike me as being very......secure. That is the best word to describe them. They are sad, they don't know why God has called us to this........but they trust us, trusting Him to work it out for great purposes in our lives.
So, I fill my time schooling the kids, running to all kinds of extra curricular activities, working out, cooking (which I love), working with the youth in our church and generally staying as busy as possible. I think that is my coping mechanism while Iain is gone. I don't like to be in the house, idle, for very long or it hurts too much. So, we push, pray and move forward.
3 comments:
So glad your blog is back, up and running.....keep it up. It will help us all. Love love love you.
yay!!! more blogs to distract me from cleaning, cooking, and doing laundry! we have missed you in the blogging world:)
Dito to the previous comments. Plus: It is so evident to me that the Lord has called and equiped you for this "wonderful" life of yours. You handle these...
(I say these because I have read/known your reactons through the other "Iain away Times" IAI's)
..."I.A.I's" so well and with such a testimoney for the Lord. What a joy it was to read about the testimony my amazing nephew and nieces are also having for the Lord through this tuff time! We are praying for y'all and I can not begin to express how much I wish we lived around the corner so we could cook and more to my love BAKE together and have our kids enjoy cuz time. But that is not the plan the Lord has right now...but we can emagine! LOVE E
Post a Comment